All internships registered for academic credit in Liberal Studies should:
- Be conducted in New York City at an approved site with regular supervision
- Involve approximately 8-15 hours/week, either on site or a location directly related to the assigned duties
- Be structured similar to an apprenticeship, where skills and responsibilities increase over time
Internships are approved for 2 credits during academic semesters or can vary from 1 to 2 credits during summer.
At the time of your internship for academic credit, you must:
- Be in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or above)
- Have attained at least sophomore status for approval to register in the course (first-year students are not eligible to receive internship credit)
Unpaid internships should satisfy the criteria and standards established by the Department of Labor; for more information, refer to NYU Wasserman's guidelines for unpaid internships from NYU Wasserman.