About the Core Program
The Core Program is a two-year liberal arts foundation program distinguished by small classes and close faculty-student interaction. As a junior, you transition to one of NYU's undergraduate degree programs to earn your bachelor's degree. The Core Program curriculum emphasizes the great works in a global context and fulfills liberal arts requirements for NYU bachelor's degrees.
The Core Program infuses learning with a global focus, bringing the liberal arts into the Twenty-first Century and helping you to develop skills for success in an increasingly interconnected world. As a Core Program student, you have significant opportunities to study away from the Washington Square Park campus, at NYU global academic centers in Florence, Paris, London, or Washington, DC.
The Core Program will position you for success at NYU and beyond. Alumni of the Core Program have gone on to pursue diverse professional paths, including:
- Distinguished graduate programs at the London School of Economics, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, NYU Institute of Fine Arts, and Princeton University
- Prestigious law programs at institutions including Yale University, Columbia University, and New York University
- Careers in media at Disney, PBS, and the BBC
- Positions in finance and consulting with Citibank, BlackRock, and McKinsey
- International government at the World Bank and United Nations
- Non-profit management, founding Land is Life and the Bakhita Girls School in Tanzania
- Journalism, in roles with The Huffington Post and The New Yorker